The first of a series of workshops about NSTIC will be conducted in Washington, DC on June 9/10, 2011 and focused on the topic of governance. More information is available at: http://www.nist.gov/itl/nstic-workshop-june2011.cfm
According to the NSTIC National Program Office, the U.S. Department of Commerce will soon release a Notice of Inquiry (NOI) seeking comment on the requirements of and possible models for the NSTIC steering group models. This workshop will provide the opportunity for discussion and clarification of the NOI.
- Provide participants with a better understanding of the role of governance in the Identity Ecosystem;
- Create a foundation of understanding and additional clarity in regards to the NOI and response expectations;
- Identify focus areas and collaborate upon potential models/structures of governance for the NPO and Steering Body;
- Express requirements for the Steering Group from the government's perspective;
- Hear and understand requirements for the Steering Group from attendees' perspectives; and
- Collaborate and build an understanding of the government's role in establishing the Steering Body.
Start Date: Thursday, June 9, 2011
End Date: Friday, June 10, 2011
Location: Grand Hyatt Washington 1000 H St, NW Washington, D.C. 20001
Audience: Industry, Government
Information Technology Laboratory, NIST